Massage therapy has also been known to decrease delayed onset muscle soreness, in addition to stiffness and fatigue after a game, practice or exercise of any kind. Massages improve an athlete’s range of motion, soft tissue function, athletic performance and makes them more aware of their muscle tone.
The Importance of Sports Massage
A sports massage helps reduce tension, induce relaxation, and enable athletes to get better quality sleep. Getting enough and proper sleep is incredibly important for athletes because it promotes faster recovery time for injuries incurred. This also helps boost better performance.
Common Sports Injury Types Include:
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Non-Specific Lower Back Pain
- Postural Improvement
- Headaches, Cervicogenic, Migraine, etc.
- Neck Pain
- Injury Diagnosis
- Runner’s Knee
- Patellofemoral Syndrome
- ITB Syndrome
- Knee Injury Rehab Post ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL Meniscus Surgery
- Disc Prolapse (slipped disc) Rehabilitation and Treatment
- Golfers/Tennis Elbow (Lateral/Medial epicondylitis)
- Piriformis Syndrome