How a sports massage therapist can help with sports injury
A sports massage helps reduce tension, induce relaxation, and enable athletes to get better quality sleep. Getting enough and proper sleep is incredibly important for athletes because it promotes faster recovery time for injuries incurred. This also helps boost better performance.
Common Sports Injury Types Include:
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Non-Specific Lower Back Pain
- Postural Improvement
- Headaches, Cervicogenic, Migraine, etc.
- Neck Pain
- Injury Diagnosis
- Runner’s Knee
- Patellofemoral Syndrome
- ITB Syndrome
- Knee Injury Rehab Post ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL Meniscus Surgery
- Disc Prolapse (slipped disc) Rehabilitation and Treatment
- Golfers/Tennis Elbow (Lateral/Medial epicondylitis)
- Piriformis Syndrome
It is said that the four most common injuries that often go untreated are Achilles Tendinitis, Shin Splints, Tennis Elbow and Shoulder Bursitis. Leaving issues like this untreated can potentially lead to more serious injuries later in life and the risk of developing osteoarthritis.